Cibervoluntarios Foundation coordinates the next two years a new consortium of several European organizations to ensure, by creating a platform and joint activities, innovative solutions to meet the Sustainable Development Goals defined by the United Nations. This new project, which is made possible by funding from Horizon 2020 program of the European Commission for Research and Innovation, is called Socratic, Social Creative Intelligence Platform begin to take shape in the first meeting we will have the partners in the consortium from 3 to 5 February in Madrid. We integrate the consortium organizations from Spain, Norway and Germany.
We have a major challenge ahead to involve citizens, groups, institutions, companies and Administration to get the Socratic online platform a reality, pursuing the following objectives:
• To Propose new challenges aimed at solving Sustainable Development Goals • invite any organization, collective, start up … to participate with innovative, creative and sustainable ideas to solve these issues both locally and globally.
• To Select and realize the most promising ideas.
Socratic will be an open platform based on the collective knowledge that will provide a set of tools and services for Social Innovation In this way, support the entire life cycle of the project in identifying problems, citizen awareness, design and implementation of collective and open solutions, final evaluation and follow upon completion. It is based on an open and replicable oriented architecture services. Through the integration and adaptation of these technologies in the consortium will be able to concentrate their efforts on two real pilots who carried out the Cibervoluntarios Foundation and a group of innovative young experts from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU-IET) to test the tools. Both groups perform actions in different fields, but with a common tool, the use of ICTs to empower citizens and achieve specific sustainability goals.
The pilots will initially focus on three specific challenges of the objectives of Sustainable Development:
• «Ensuring a healthy lifestyle and promote wellness for everyone in all ages (Goal 3 of the United Nations)»
• «Ensuring inclusive and equitable education quality and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all (Goal 4 of the United Nations)»
• «Promoting sustainable and inclusive economic growth, full, productive employment and decent work for all (Goal 8 of the United Nations).»